Check out the global resources below for additional information for those with international interests.
Global Connections Committee
International Ambassadors & Guests at the NCDA Conference
International guests are welcome at NCDA's annual Global Career Development Conference. Each summer, hundreds of international guests attend the conference. NCDA asks members to act as ambassadors to guests, especially first-time attendees. The conference registration form includes a space to request an ambassador or be one.
International Career Development Articles & Books
- this 2017 NCDA publication covers career services, credentials, and training around the world; over ten chapters on specific countries or regions, written by experts on those locations.
- short article that appeared in the NCDA Career Developments Winter 2010 issue on "International Perspectives".
- NCDA's web magazine includes articles on global topics or authored by international career practitioners. Search Career Convergence articles using the terms "international connection". Here are some examples:
Career Development Practice in Canada: Perspectives, Principles, and Professionalism - Book Review by Marc Verhoeve...10/01/2014
Crossing the Cultural Bridge: Coaching International Students to Prepare for Job Interviews - By Xi Yu...08/01/2014
Using The Career Sailboat Model to Facilitate Career Planning and Decision-Making with Young Adults - By Fidan Korkut-Owen, Fatma Arici, Selen Demirtas-Zorbaz & Tansu Mutlu 02/01/2014
Contributions of global interest welcome - be sure to read the Submission Guidelines.
- main article that appeared in the NCDA Career Developments Winter 2010 issue on "International Perspectives".
International Student Services Committee
The NCDA International Student Services Committee aims to increase the understanding of career development experiences and the needs of international students. The committee provides resources and best practice examples to the NCDA members and career development professionals who work with international students in the U.S. Involving a diverse team of dedicated career services practitioners who work with international students on a daily basis, this group advocates for the enhancement of culturally competent career development services, programs and resources that help international students create meaningful career paths in the U.S. and beyond.
Read International CDA Newsletters & Journals
Read International CDA Newsletters & Journals:
- Asia Pacific CDA Newsletter
- Career Development Association of Australia
- Indian Journal of Career and Livelihood Planning IJCLP (IJCLP)
- Guidance Perspectives Around the World (GPAW)
- International Labour Organization (ILO) - Partnerships for Decent Work
- International Association for Educational and Vocational Guidance (IAEVG)
- IAEVG Email News
- IAEVG Communique on Social Justice
- IAEVG Communique On Educational And Career Guidance For Displaced Migrants
- IAEVG Communiqué on the Social and Economic Inclusion of NEETS/NINIS
- IAEVG Communique on Precarious Employment
- IAEVG Communique on Inclusive Societies Investing in their People
Requests for Translation of CDQ
Requests for Translation and Reprint of CDQ Articles
NCDA encourages the translation and reprint of CDQ articles. Such requests should be submitted to NCDA headquarters and forwarded to the current CDQ editor for review. If the editor rejects a request, a justification should be made to the NCDA president. NCDA Headquarters will process all approved requests for translation and reprints and appropriate fees will be charged to the requester.
What is Happening at the International Level
APCDA Conference, Delhi, India, May 10-15, 2020
IAEVG Conference, Riga, Letvia, Oct 19-22, 2020
APCDA Conference, Singapore, May 2021
NCDA Met in China with Training Leaders
December 2017 (left to right: Constance Pritchard, Spencer Niles, Paul Timmins)
NCDA's Taiwan / China Training Program Representative: Ivy Liao
People Achievement Consulting, (PAC) has an agreement with NCDA’s to provide the Facilitating Career Development Training Program in Taiwan and Greater China. Since 2011, Ivy Liao, CEO and Chief Representative for NCDA, has developed a network of local practitioners through the help of NCDA Master trainers and China professors and has translated and localized the curriculum for use in these countries. PAC has expanded its training offering in 4 first-tier cities (Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin and Chongqing) and 6 provinces (Hebei, Zhejiang, Jiangsu, Fujian, Guangdong and Hainan) and there are also local franchisees to service clients. Ivy can be contacted at http://www.chinancda.org/.
CDP Training in Mainland China in Shenzhen
On December 18, 2015, the launching ceremony of Career Development Professional (“CDP”) certification training in Mainland China was held in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, which marked the NCDA certification system officially landing the market of Mainland China.
Under the coach and support by People Achievement Consulting (PAC) who was exclusive China partner of NCDA, this activity was held by Shenzhen Qianhai Career Education Technology Co., Ltd. (“Qianhai Career”). The representative of PAC, Qianhai Career, the NCDA authorized tutor, and all the candidates of first class of CDP in mainland China attended the Ceremony.
From December 18 to 20, Qianhai Career held a three-day CDP training (totaling 18 course hours), the teachers of which were the CDM Wu Ronglin from Taiwan and Li Chao from Qianhai Career.
Locating More Resources
Be sure to view the map - a visual resource for several career development associations and other organizations promoting professional development among career development practitioners and researchers globally.
ICCDP International Centre for Career Development and Public Policy: http://www.iccdpp.org/