Details Larger Image
E-BOOK - Career Development for Transitioning Veterans
Author/Editor: Carmen Stein-McCormick, Debra S. Osborn, Seth C.W. Hayden, Dan Van Hoose with Military Consultants: Thomas McCormick, USN (Ret.), Major C. Camille LaDrew, USAF
Manufacturer: ISBN: 978-1-885333-37-7
The purpose of this book is to increase career practitioners’ awareness of the transition issues and resources specific to veterans and to provide several examples of how a practitioner might walk a veteran through the career planning process. Case studies based on interviews with real veterans by the authors and military consultants are used throughout the chapters to demonstrate the thoughts and feelings involved, as well as career practitioner strategies for helping the individual make a career decision.
- Individual/Group Counseling and Facilitation Skills
- Career Information Resources/Curriculum/Activities
- Program Planning/Promotion/Management/Implementation
- Coaching/Consultation/Performance Improvement
- Specific Populations
- Career Planning and Job Seeking Resources
- Post Secondary
- Business and Industry
- Independent/Private Practice
Read more! Here are links to excerpts from the monograph and a book review in Career Convergence.
And here is another review from the Journal of Employment Counseling.
This veterans monograph is also available in print!Stock#: 963.5
The Career Resource Store is open for shoppers wanting a bargain! A special Conference promo code can be entered to get a $5 discount on any one product. The code is valid until July 31st. In five easy steps, you can have a new book at a bargain rate!
- Find your favorite or most interesting book.
- Select either print or ebook (PDF)
- Select "Member" or "Non-Member"
- Enter the promo code: VIRT2021
- Complete your purchase
NCDA is proud to offer quality products for use by everyone in the field of career development. Shop now!