NCDA Seeks Nominees for Board Positions
The 2024 NCDA Nominations and Elections Committee seeks applications for the following board positions:
- President-Elect-Elect (October 1, 2024 – September 30, 2025) 4-year commitment; ending September 30, 2028
- Trustee for Counselor Educators and Researchers (October 1, 2024 – September 30, 2027)
- Trustee for State Divisions (October 1, 2024 – September 30, 2027)
The officer descriptions and responsibilities are included in the Policy and Procedures Manual 2023-24 starting on page 15.
The qualifications are as follows:
To be eligible for board office nomination, applicants must hold NCDA membership as a Professional or Regular Member, based on the office sought. The NCDA President-Elect-Elect position requires 6 consecutive years of membership. The rest of the offices require 2 consecutive years of membership. In addition to knowledge about and experience in the career development field, the Nominations and Elections Committee seeks leadership candidates with a demonstrated commitment and service to the organization, a working knowledge of NCDA’s governance, and a temperament that contributes to and generates group consensus, wisdom, and vision.
Ideally, candidates should have the following qualifications:
President-Elect-Elect: Ideally, candidates should have served on the NCDA board before assuming the president-elect-elect position.
Trustee for Counselor Educators and Researchers: Candidates must work and provide career development services in a Counselor Education setting to best advocate for the constituency’s needs and services.
Trustee for State Divisions: Candidates must have participated in a chartered NCDA state division, ideally as a President or tenured member of the state board. Knowledge of state division operations is preferred, as well and strong teamwork skills, to advise NCDA State Divisions.
Members are encouraged to self-nominate or recommend an interested NCDA colleague to the committee. The deadline for submission is January 26, 2024. The Nominations and Elections Committee will recommend their final slate of potential officers to the NCDA Board in March. Those approved to be on the slate will be forwarded for presentation (and voting to narrow the slate, if necessary) at the Annual Membership Meeting during the 2024 NCDA Global Career Development Conference. The final two candidates per position will be approved during that meeting and will move on to the general elections (July 1-Aug 15, 2024). The final results will be announced by August 15, 2024. The term for these positions will start on October 1, 2024.
All interested members should review the following policies and expectations before applying:
- All elected NCDA Board Members are required to join the American Counseling Association. Half of the price of membership is reimbursed by NCDA.
- All elected NCDA Board Members should review and agree to the Board Expectation Check List .
- All NCDA Board members will be asked to sign the Conflict of Interest Statement .
- Any elected Board Member from outside of the US is responsible for international airfare costs to the three face-to-face meetings, according to the Board Meeting Travel Policy .
Interested applicants may want to attend the Nominations Interest Meeting on Wednesday, December 13, 2023 at noon eastern time. See zoom invitation link below.
Applicants must complete the Nominations Application Form using the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/56S3XFP. Deadline for applications is January 26, 2024.
Lakeisha Mathews is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: NCDA Board Nominations Interest Meeting
Time: Dec 13, 2023 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 962 8849 4167
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,96288494167# US (Washington DC)
+16465588656,,96288494167# US (New York)
Dial by your location
• +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
• +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
• +1 646 931 3860 US
• +1 305 224 1968 US
• +1 309 205 3325 US
• +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
• +1 360 209 5623 US
• +1 386 347 5053 US
• +1 507 473 4847 US
• +1 564 217 2000 US
• +1 669 444 9171 US
• +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
• +1 689 278 1000 US
• +1 719 359 4580 US
• +1 253 205 0468 US
• +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
• +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 962 8849 4167
Find your local number: https://ubalt.zoom.us/u/aGnPzKIFx