Details Larger Image
Choosing A Vocation
Author/Editor: Frank Parsons
The book is a complete reprint of the original book by Frank Parsons who played such an important early role in developing the field of career guidance. The introduction and post script is written by Carl McDaniels, NVGA President 1973-1974 and a preface by Janet Lenz, NCDA President, 2004-2005.
Read a review of this book in the NCDA web magazine Career Convergence.
Click here to see the Choosing a Vocation Table of Contents (PDF).
Click here to read the Introduction to Choosing a Vocation(PDF).
- Career Development Theory and Models
- Career Information Resources/Curriculum/Activities
- Career Planning and Job Seeking Resources
- Individual/Group Counseling and Facilitating Skills
- Counselor Educators
- Program Planning/Promotion/Management/Implementation
- K-12 and Parents
- Post Secondary
NCDA’s Career Knowledge Series is designed for individuals wishing to understand career development. Each of the 8 titles in the series provides a thorough introduction and discussion for its specialized topic and is between 30 and 80 pages. Titles in this series include:
• Providing Career Services to Multicultural Populations
• The Role of Career Information and Technological Resources in Career Planning
• Job Seeking and Employability Skills
• Designing and Implementing Career Services
• Developing a Helping Relationship
• Training and Leading Groups
• Career Development Theory and Its Application
• The Role of Assessment in Career Planning
This month, the complete multi-book series which includes 8 titles is discounted by $10. Continue shopping the Career Resource Store to purchase the discounted series or view more about each one in the series (Note, each book can be purchased independently at the regular price.)
The $10 discount on the complete multi-book series ends August 31, 2020.
Career Knowledge Series, set of 8 books, $10 off
Many of our products include links to Book Reviews or Excerpts, which are also archived in our Career Convergence web magazine.