Opportunity for Instructors of Career Counseling Courses - Apply by Nov 15
The National Career Development Association is proud to announce that it is accepting applications for the
2023 Counselor Educator Academy
The Counselor Educator Academy (CEA) is for selected counselor educators, instructors, part-time faculty, and advanced doctoral students who teach or plan to teach the Career Counseling course for graduate student preparation. The purpose of the CEA is to support your work teaching our future counselors about their role in career-related counseling, provide tools you can use in your work, and progress the field of teaching career counseling. The 2023 CEA will continue to build off the outstanding progress and projects of the previous CEA cohorts by focusing on the intersection of counselor education and career counseling.
CEA Goals and Objectives:
- Facilitate participant growth and support in teaching our future counselors about their roles and responsibilities related to career development and counseling
- Provide and develop tools participants can use in instruction and research, including career information, resources, and best practices
- Work to propel career counselor training in counselor education programs forward through collaboration and meaning making
This year's CEA will take place June 27-28, 2023, preceding the NCDA Global Career Development Conference in Chicago, Illinois.
- Faculty, instructor, or doctoral student in counselor education with an interest in learning best practices in career counselor education.
- Can commit to attending NCDA CEA and the Global Career Development Conference.
Interested in the CEA? Apply here: https://forms.gle/J9fisDHqhSzDJKTr8
Deadline & Commitment:
The deadline to submit your application is November 15. We will notify those selected to participate by early February. If selected for the 2023 Academy, FULL participation and attendance at the NCDA 2023 conference are expected.
We also encourage you to submit a proposal for the NCDA conference by October 3, 2022. Learn more here.