NCDA promotes career development through its annual celebration of National Career Development Month. Every November, career development professionals are encouraged to celebrate with career related activities. In particular, NCDA sponsors an annual Poetry and Poster Contest. This year, National Career Development week is November 16-20 and National Career Development Day is November 18, 2015.
Watch here for details about the 50th Annual Poetry & Poster contest!
Questions? Contact Lakeisha Mathews : email@example.com
Listed below are the NCD Month State Contacts:
Each NCD Month entry must go through a state contest! If your state contact is not listed or your state is not participating in NCD Month, please contact NCDA Headquarters or e-mail the national chair for further instructions.
ALABAMA - LYNN BOYD
ALASKA- DEETA LONERGAN
CONNECTICUT- SUZANNE WALL
GEORGIA- ANDREA HOLYFIELD
IDAHO- DAVID WALLACE EASTWOOD
MARYLAND- DORY GOLDBERG
MICHIGAN - MARY ENGELHARDT
MINNESOTA- DARREN KALTVED
NEW YORK- JENNIFER BREIER
OHIO- ELLEN BROWN
OREGON- CHRISTINE LUNDEEN
PENNSYLVANIA- COLLEEN TORTORELLA
RHODE ISLAND- HEIDI CARLA
SOUTH CAROLINA- KAMA STATON
TEXAS- TERRI HOWE
WASHINGTON-PUGET SOUND- JILL WALSER
WISCONSIN - JOHN PRITCHETT
Poster Contest Winning Entries
NCD Month Resources
- Contact Alicia Cheek (firstname.lastname@example.org) at NCDA Headquarters to request contest brochures.
- Download a full color 2014 ad - or- the black & white 2014 ad for use in your celebration of NCD Month!
- Creative Ways to Celebrate- a list of ideas submitted by those who have celebrated in previous years
- NCD Month K-12 Activities - Provided by Liz Jones - Kent Intermediate School District
- Click Here to read from NCD Month Celebration of Work. In the presidential year of Jane Goodman, 2006 Eminent Career Award Winner, many NCDA members, such as LeeAnn Bernier-Clarke (Editor), Pat Wickwire, Judith Ettinger, Victoria Wildermuth and priceless others, collaborated to create one of the most remarkable NCD Month Activity Books available. This is a work in progress, and NCDA is striving to provide you with the best resources available.
- Career Convergence offers many articles detailing activities for all age groups. Here are a few that might help you help your students celebrate NCD Month:
-- Career Exploration in First Grade - By Debbie Osborn
-- Positive Psychology Techniques for K-12 Career Counseling - by Louis V. Paradise and Dawn Romano Ironside
-- 21 Strategies for K-12 Career Development - by Debbie Osborn