2020 Continuing Education Hours Available to Virtual Conference Attendees
The 2020 Virtual Conference registration includes 15 contact hours of continuing education. These hours are NCDA and NBCC/CCE approved. Anyone registered for the event will be automatically given 15 contact hours via their membership record and can access the completion certificate one week following the event. No reporting is required, since this is a virtual event, to earn these hours. NBCC credits are outlined below according to their categories. For an additional fee, attendees may register to receive 25 contact hours. Verification can be accessed on your member record.
A post-conference email will be sent to all attendees with complete instructions, outlined below, on how to access the completion transcripts. A survey link will also be sent for evaluation of those sessions you attended.
Instructions for CE Completion Transcripts: Go to the NCDA website and login to access your account. The login is located on the top left blue toolbar. Once logged in, see your name in the upper right corner and click on Members Only Resources. Find View My CE History under the My Profile on the left side. You will be able to see your earned CEs and print out transcripts. The Print My Transcript option is on in the top right hand corner. Members may access this page anytime in the future by logging in.
If you are not a member of NCDA, you will be given promotional membership for 6 months which will allow access to the Members Only section and to your transcripts. We invite you to renew your free membership after a 6-months period. A renewal notice will be sent to you.
If you have any questions, please contact NCDA Headquarters. (918) 663-7060.
The NCDA Career Development Conference CEUs are approved for all NCDA credentials.
National Career Development Association (NCDA) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 1003. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. NCDA is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
NBCC CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
NCDA is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP). For proposals to be eligible for NBCC Continuing Education (CE), the chair or lead presenter must meet specific presenter qualifications and present on topics appropriate for his/her level of experience/training. The CHAIR or LEAD PRESENTER must indicate an appropriate category for the session to be NBCC CE approved.
Category I presenters are qualified to present on topics including, but not limited to:
• Theories, principles, and techniques of counseling as applied to work and career
• Career counseling processes and resources, including, but not limited to, those applicable to
specific communities and populations
• Career/life planning and decision-making models
• Life-work role transitions, including, but not limited to, outplacement and retirement counseling
Category II and III presenters may be accepted for topics including:
• Career development program planning, resources, and program evaluation
• Assessment of workplace environment for purposes of job placement
• Trends in job search
• Career avocational, educational, occupational, and labor market information, and resources and career information systems
You will be asked to select a category that matches your expertise:
• Category I: Holds a graduate degree in mental health field from a regionally accredited
educational institution and is qualified by appropriate education, experience, and/or training to
present/author the particular subject matter, or author the publication concerning the subject
• Category II: Holds a graduate degree from a regionally accredited educational institution directly
related to the subject matter presented and be qualified by appropriate education, experience,
and/or training to present/author the particular subject matter, or author the publication
concerning the subject matter.
• Category III: Be qualified by appropriate education, experience, and/or training to
present/author the subject matter, or author the publication concerning the subject matter