professional development / Continuing Education
NCDA promotes and supports professional education, preparation, and credentialing for the effective provision of career development programs and services including academic credentials (e.g., MA, PhD), state licensure (LPC), certifications (e.g., GCDF, CDF) and ongoing professional development through conferences, courses, seminars, workshops, supervised practice, internships, presentations, and other training opportunities.
We share the following opportunities:
NCDA Webinar Series
Earn Continuing Education Credits by watching previous NCDA Webinars. Each are $35 and include 1 contact hour. Simply view the webinar and register online to get your certificate. The following webinars are now available for viewing:
1. Career Smarts for the Job Crisis: Finding Success in Hard Times -- presented by Rich Feller
2. Action-Based Tips for Successful Career Counseling -- presented by John Krumboltz
3. Unemployment and Mental Health: Shoring Up Our Clients for the Long Haul presented by David Blustein
4. Job Search Smarts for the Job Crisis: 'Side Doors' to A Shorter Search presented by Elisabeth Sanders-Park
5. NCDA 2012 Conference Closing Plenary: Laying the Foundation for Career Dreams
• Dr. Janet Lenz - Cognitive Information Processing Theory
• Dr. Joe Johnston - Holland’s RIASEC Theory
• Dr. John Krumboltz - Happenstance Theory
• Dr. Gail Hackett - Social Cognitive Career Theory
• Dr. Spencer Niles, Moderator
Continue to check back with us for more videos and updates.
SPECIAL ONLINE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
As you work with clients are you looking for ways to help provide inspiration and direction for successful career transitions? What if there were 10 Lifelong Career Rules to help in this process? NCDA is pleased to present Dr. Rich Feller, Professor Counseling and Career Development and University Distinguished Teaching Scholar from Colorado State University in a FREE pilot web professional development opportunity: Career Coaching Clients for Success : 10 Lifelong Career Rules. Click here to link to this online video.
During this 58 minute video, Dr. Feller will . . .
- Describe the "10 Lifelong Career Rules"
- Provide you with a "Gaps analysis" planning model you can use with your clients
- Demonstrate "More Powerful" planning questions for entering college and work
- Deliver "takeaways" for clients, students and parents.
*Please note: CEUs are not available for this opportunity.
CONTINUOUS OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT via NCDA
- Experiential Activities for Teaching Career Counseling Classes & Facilitating Career Groups Vol. II :for each designated activity completed, Earn CEUs (up to 12 credits available)
- Career Convergence: earn 4 CEU's for publishing your original article
- Professional Development Institutes: Attendees of the NCDA Global Conference can earn up to 12+ CEUs for their participation in the conference. Additional CEUs can be earned by attending the Professional Development Institutes (up to 4 per PDI).
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The Maryland Career Development Association is providing several online professional development opportunities to NCDA and state chapter members.
Hidden Gems: This course is a self- paced, online program earning you 12 clock hours of credit. Here you will use several interactive web tools that will show you new ways of identifying interests and skills, finding information on occupations, improving job skills, finding education and training programs, finding and landing a job, and making a career transition. A certificate of completion is provided.
O*NET for Career Advisors: This is a self-paced, online program that will take you into the world of O*NET. You will use videos and other activities to see the benefits of using O*NET information as you work with students and clients. Earn 3.5 clock hours of credit for successful completion.A certificate of completion is provided.
Working in the Green Economy: This is a 5 CEU clock hour program focusing on why green is important, how the green economy is organized and explained, how to find green jobs, and great resources for understand the green economy and opportunities. The course is self-paced and online. It is video and text based. A certificate of completion is provided.
For GCDF’s, these three programs have been pre-approved for recertification by the Center for Credentialing and Education. GCDF’s can register at http://www.janetwall.net/courses-workshops.php
For non-GCDF's, you can access these courses thru the MCDA website at www.mdcareers.org
- Online Career Development Services and the War for Relevance, by John Bell
- Catch the Retirement "Tsunami" to a Federal Career, by Janet Ruck and Karol Taylor
- Psychologically Healthy Workplace, by Ellen Lent
- Maryland's Career Development Toolkits, by Gail Quinn and Janet Wall
Visit the Professional Development Section at http://www.mdcareers.org/ for more information and to register for these professional development opportunities.
NCDA Speaker's Bureau
The purpose of the Speakers Bureau is to provide a list of NCDA members that are available for speaking engagements. Members can enhance their own professional development by joining the Speaker's Bureau. State career development associations can tap into these members when providing professional development activities. This list was created via an NCDA Leadership Academy project yet does not imply endorsement by NCDA. Please read NCDA's Legal Disclaimer.
NCDA CEUs are National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) approved. Questions regarding CEU's should be directed to Bobbi Carter, NCDA Headquarters, email@example.com or Toll-free (866) 367-6232.
If you are not a member, and want to take advantage of these opportunities, we invite you to become a member today !